The Nicaraguan law establishes that the National Free Zone Commission has the responsibility to regulate the performance and development of the free zones regime in the country, to promote the establishment of new companies and the growth of existing ones and to issue permits for the use of the regime.
Legal Basis of Charges
The National Free Zone Commission through the Decree No. 50-2005, it´s entitled to set the amount with respect to Services, Guarantees, Issue of Permits and the Use of the Regime that will be paid by operators and users.
Use of Funds
The National Free Zone Commission uses the funds with the objective to:
- Ensure the operation and administration of the Free Zone Regime
- Strengthen the institutional framework of the National Free Zone Commission
- Finance with these resources workshops, seminars and trainings for employees of companies within the free zone regime.
- Finance some activities of social benefit for companies and employees within the free zone regime.
Rates for the use of the Free Zone Regime
|Parks||Industrial Space Occupied (m2)|
|Industrial Parks||Up to 9,999||From 10 thousand up to 19,999||From 20 thousand up to 29,999||From 30 thousand up to 39,999||From 40 thousand up to 49,999||From 50 thousand up to 59,999||From 60 thousand up to 69,999||More than 70 thousand|
|Agroindustrial (No agricultural area)||$0.09||$0.08||$0.07||$0.06||$0.05||$0.05||$0.05||$0.05|
|Call Centers||Les than 250 Stations||From 250 to 1,000 Stations||More than 1,000 Stations|
|$ 10.00 / Stations||$ 5.00 / Stations||$ 2.50 / Stations|
• In the Agro-industrial Parks in addition to agricultural areas (Greenhouse), a fee of US$ 0.01 (a penny of dollar) per square meter will be charged.
• In ZOFAS there will be a monthly fee of US $ 0.50 (fifty cents of dollars) per square meter of Industrial Spaced Occupied.